Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Truth Tuesday!

Alright guys. I've had an extremely good Tuesday, so this is one Truth Tuesday that won't be filled with only complaints. Hopefully. :)

--I found this hair conditioner here in Austria and my hair has never felt better, softer or smoother. I may have to take some of it home with me as a souvenir. I also really hope it's actually conditioner. I guess even if it's not, I can't complain. My hair feels great.

--I also feel like my hair is getting longer and that makes me really happy. I'm one of those girls that lets her hair grow out a little bit, gets sick of it, cuts it shorter, and then regrets it once she sees the first old picture of longer hair. I just know that once it gets pretty long I'll get hair amnesia again and say, "I think I'd like shorter hair."

--I've been really proud of myself for how well I've been able to stick to my standards here in Austria without making anyone (including myself) feel awkward, judged, uncomfortable, etc...even though I've felt some pressure to go against what I believe to be right. It's a new experience for me to have to explain my beliefs to people (born and raised in Utah County, folks) so, I'm quite glad to know that I'm strong willed in that area of my life. :)

--WARNING: This part could be labeled TMI Tuesday for some, so if you don't want to know, don't read. Anyway, I started my birth control today. I don't feel old enough for birth control. Haha it's crazy to think that I could potentially be a MOTHER in less than a year. We want to wait a little while for that, so hopefully this little device I'm using will work, but I could always turn out to be the one percent. Hey Reality, what's up?

--I'm pretty sure I'm having a love affair with Mumford & Sons. I really can't stop listening to them. I absolutely love just plugging in my headphones as I walk down these Austrian streets and remind myself how incredible my life is right now.

--Thanksgiving is this week and I have mixed emotions. One part of me is sad that I won't be stuffing my face with my family or that I won't be watching large men tackling each other on my TV screen or that I won't have to debate what stores to go to the next morning at unreasonable hours. But the other part of me is really excited to celebrate this holiday with the Americans I know here as well as sharing it with the European friends I've made so far. Not many people can say they've spent Thanksgiving in Austria (I guess a whole lot of Austrians can, but does it count if they don't celebrate it?). I'm just going to enjoy every bite of that dinner and not dwell on the fact that I'm not with my loved ones. Even if I do have to go to class that day. First and last Thanksgiving I will ever have to do that!

--I'm more excited to buy people gifts here than I am to buy things for myself. I just can't narrow down exactly what I want to get for people. There is so much goodness all around me!!

--Sometimes I find joy in the little things, like changing the highlighting color on my computer. Now when I highlight things it's red instead of green. Sometimes a little change is good. ;) 

--Alright, since I'm in such a good mood, I have to include something about Kameron. Nothing has really been different or changed with us (as far as things said or frequency of communication), but the last few days I've just felt really overwhelmed with giddiness and joy that I get to marry that boy. He's super great. I kind of love him. And I gidda keep 'im! Forever! YES.

1 comment:

  1. You're cute.
    Also, I like truth tuesday, because I know you will blog.

    ReplyDelete