Well, it's Tuesday again. Which, to me, is crazy because I feel like Tuesday happened three days ago. Anyway, here are my truths for this splendid Tuesday!
--I wish that I had a lot of money to completely redo my entire wardrobe. I know what style I like and want to have, but I just can't afford to buy the clothes to complete the style. I also feel like my style has changed mentally, but not in my actual clothing. Oh well. Maybe someday.
--I keep having this fear of being a terrible wife. I CAN cook, but don't do it often and the thought of making dinner all the time is a frightening one. I am scared to have to decorate somewhere to live. And I really hate cleaning. We'll see how this goes...
--Today I had some Haribo gummy frogs for breakfast. I don't care. I really don't.
--I've been comparing myself to other people a lot lately and that blows. Because then I get in these modes where I get so down on myself and degrade myself. It's such a crappy, worldly view that I know doesn't come from a good place. I'm always thinking I'm not _______ enough. It's hard to break away from it, too. It bugs me. I bug me.
--That being said, I had a realization the other day. I have a lot of great, wonderful, amazing friends. I have a fantastic family--the greatest, even. And I have a wonderful, caring fiance. And these people all like me for who I am right now. Even if I don't have the perfect body, wardrobe, or whatever it may be, they all still like me. One is even going to marry me. I feel like most people that I meet genuinely like me and get along with me. So, that should say a lot. I'm a cool person, right? That's what should matter most.
--I think I've given up on doing really well in my classes here in Austria. I'm in EUROPE. How am I supposed to focus on school? Hmmm?! I'll still work hard, but I'm done stressing.
--I think I'm going to pick up my violin when I get back to the States. It's been a long time and I realize that it's a talent I don't want to lose.
--I'm usually that person that gets really mad when people start celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving is over. I'm totally being hypocritical this year. But they're decorating streets here with lights! And there are huge Christmas trees everywhere! And they're setting up the Christmas markets! And my iPod likes to pick Christmas songs when it's on shuffle! What am I supposed to do in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving?! So, I'm allowing myself to get a TINY bit excited for Christmas early this year. But that doesn't mean you guys at home get to do the same and think it's okay. I told you...I'm being hypocritical.
Until next week! I'm going to go accidentally listen to some Trans-Siberian Orchestra...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Being a good wife and being a good homemaker are two separate things. Being a good wife is about relationships and keeping covenants. Given, being a good homemaker is important, but those skills can be learned and also shared with your hubby!
ReplyDelete